What better way to celebrate Land Rover's 70th birthday than to take part in a world record breaking attempt? The largest parade of Land Rover vehicles.
For those interested in participating and being recognised by the world's authority on record-breaking achievements, it will cost £5, but that does include your own plaque to fix to your front grille as a memento. You will still need to pay for either a camping or day ticket to the show itself, as all adult participants must be wearing show wristbands.
The record to beat featured 516 vehicles and was achieved by Land Mania Clube de Portugal in Gouveia, Portugal, on 7 September, 2014.
Rules of the Parade
- All vehicles must never be more than 2 vehicle lengths from the one in front
- The parade must exceed 2 miles
- You must follow the vehicle in front, no overtaking
- Land Rovers of any age and type are welcome
- The course will be tracks and grass, suitable for all vehicles
- Every participant will be photographed as they go through the start and the finish and also by a drone throughout the parade